Tuesday, April 01, 2003

True Love

If any of the effulgences of our culture are supossed to be believed, then you might consider the validity of this: in every relationship, there comes a point in which you realize that the person you exalted in your romanticized imagination is actually another human being with their own faults. For example, your love for coffee clashes with your significant others extreme dislike of the stuff and hardly misses an opportunity to point it out. However, if you can work out the problems, you then begin to ground your imagining of your significant other with reality, which leads to real emotional growth for the two of you.

This all leads me to my relationship with Blogger. You might say that we've had our first problem, and now my idealized vision of what our relationship might be is more grounded. For some reason, my entire template disappeared, and for the better part of a day, I've been searching for a way to get it back. Unfortunately, my status as a web novice was confirmed: I lost most of what I created. Yet, I've gained the experience to figure out how to put it back together relatively quickly, so it was no huge disaster. I'll be putting most of the stuff that disappeared back up in the next few days.