Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Coughing

Okay, so this one dude who should not have been at school at all today, crawled in a proceeded to cough on everything in sight. Sure, he's a relatively nice guy. And alright, I sort of feel for him in that he has a wife and kid to support, in addition to thousands of dollars of student debt, so - yes - it might be important to show up for work today. But for the love of everything that's holy - Dude, don't cough on everything! In addition to his ceaseless hacking, he made a special effort to talk to me. (I feel so special.) In the next few days, we'll see if I dodged an illness bullet or not.

Tonight, I'm going to make a special effort to take it a little easy and lay off the homework for the moment. I think it's time I went shopping for food. Television beckons me with alluring promises of something entertaining. (Last night, I watched some of Bamboozled by Spike Lee. Although I understand the message of the film, I recognize that not everyone can take it.) I should read more of the Eliot book. I should start on some of my research papers. I should study for some upcoming quizzes. And I might - but I doubt it.