Tuesday, April 15, 2003

A Passage to the Bookstore

I've signed up to give a presentation on E.M. Forster and his book, A Passage to India. Although I'm looking forward to it, I still have to read it; and of course, I'll need to get a hold of a copy. So to that end, I'm off to the city again. However, I'm doing it more for the diversion of doing so, rather than actual need. I spent all morning working on homework, topping it off with a four and a half hour class; and even though I have a test tomorrow for which I have to study, I figure I need a break. I spend so much time in the cellar (the 'ol computer lab) and the library, I think I'm beginning to miss daylight.

As for the class, I'll say this. The Mill on the Floss is an interesting read. It takes forever to get going, but when it finally does there are some rather interesting depictions of women in Victorian England. I can really see how someone could easily do a Marxist reading on this book if they were so inclined. However, I'm not. (I just don't have the time.)