Friday, April 18, 2003

Official

Well, it's official. I have now told both schools that I will be attending their university in the fall, with the obvious intention of then turing around and telling one of them that I actually won't. Not only have I made a telephone call to the university that needed confirmation, but I also submitted a formal e-mail declaring my intentions. (Sounds like a southern marriage proposal during the Civil War, doesn't it?) The other university apparently doesn't need confirmation, which is a little weird; it makes me think that they either don't care whether I show up or not, or that they don't have their act together. The FAFSA is also in the mail. Here's hoping nothing is screwed up.

In any event, I'm off to the big city again this weekend. This particular trip should be interesting in that I'm going to meet my girlfriend's father for the first time. As long as I hoping for stuff, here's also hoping that I make a good impression. Social situations - being a nerd and all - are not usually my forte. Oh well, as AHrnold would say "I'll be bah-ck" on monday.