Wednesday, April 16, 2003

The Registrar

For some reason or another, I wasn't able to get a hold of the English Department Chair again, a nice guy, but notoriously hard to get a hold of, especially if he's playing basketball during his lunch-break. Yesterday, he waved to me as he crossed through the tennis courts to our wide open wasteland known as the parking lot. He was leaving for the day, and I was too far away (and disinclined) to chase him down. I need him to sign a substitution form for me so I can I get things straightened out with the reigistrar's office; and I need to do that so I can graduate on time without any trouble. Everyone who I have ever talked to, and who has also already graduated, has said that they have had all kinds of trouble with the registrar's office before they left. Frequently, these cursed people have to come back to make up missed credits and plow through more classes, sort of like angry zombies. I do not want to miss graduate school because of some bureaucratic fiasco. And of course you know, it is always a fiasco.

On a less personal note, I have been able to update the ol' blog here in the cellar. There is now a Musicologia section where you can follow the links to listen to free music, like Virgin Atlantic Radio, BBC Radio One, or Blackalicious. Plus, check out Roadside America. See america without leaving the comfort of your car (or keyboard, or screen, or whatever.)