Monday, May 05, 2003

Early Birds

On my early Monday morning drive from the big city, a drive that usually takes at least couple of hours, I made a quick stop at a fast food restaurant (a nasty habit that one day I'll quit) and was completely charmed by two little birds flitting in the barkdust underneath the bushes and the sun. Although some environmental purists would rightly decry my throwing a bit of bread out window for them to nibble on as yet another egregious offense against the ecosystem, I spent about ten minutes watching them delightedly bob around my car, the curb, and the short grass eating their fortunate breakfast. One of my favorite Bob Marley songs is Three Little Birds, so I think that I'm discovering some internal reservoir of avian wonder I've been unconsciously hiding.

On a different tack, the school saga continues; I really let way too much time pass by when I applied for financial aid. So while the both of my proposed schools are increasing the amount of forms that they want to fill out, pressuring me for more commitment, I am becoming increasingly worried about where I am going to receive the money to go. At this point, which ever school says that will offer some money, I'm there.