Friday, August 29, 2003

Into the Internet, ceaselessly rocking

Believe it or not, I'm currently at the grad. school I'll be attending in just a few weeks writing this blog in a new cellar! Typically, like the other two colleges I've actually attended, and a few that I have only visited, the computer lab (aka: the cellar) happens to be in the basement of one of the buildings - the reason for which remains (to me) an unfathomable mystery! Thus, the name Zhaf and the cellar. Rather than find an inviting, not-too-warm place with lots of natural light to compute from, I've learned to seek out the cool, dank recesses of a basement computer lab so I can be bathed in the incandescent blue glow of an electric screen and be comforted by the ceaselessly rocking waves of the Internet.

In thirty minutes, I'm going to look at an apartment that I'm considering renting. This technically being the second day of commuting for me, combined with unsettling realizations I've had since receiving the unanimous advice from friends and family agaisnt commuting, I can now admit how doing so every day would get really old. There is a lot to work out, and nothing is certain, but I continue the search!