Wednesday, June 11, 2003

The Remaining Days

These are the last few days that I'll actually be in this particular cellar, the dark, slightly dank, hidden corner of the ol' computer lab in the university's technology center. After Saturday, when the official graduation ceremony occurs, I'll have to find a new cellar to post from over the summer until I get to grad. school in the fall. It shouldn't be too hard, but I confess that the final few days have become a little nostaligic for me. Here is where you insert all of the typical cliches about how I'm glad to be graduating, but sad that it is all over - blah, blah, blah. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even go to graduation because sitting around listening to boring speeches with about two hundred other people is not my idea of fun, but my girlfriend is coming from the big city to see it, and my parents want to make this a big deal, so I'm going.

But in the mean time, I have to finish my finals, which, since they are mostly take home, I have procrastinated so long that I'm now behind. I've got to friday at noon; that's D-day for me. Last term around finals, I started this blog to avoid doing any real work until the last minute. I'm hoping that I don't go that far, but unless I really get started now, I'm sure I'll find even more creative ways to lose track of time.