Wednesday, July 09, 2003

The Zeppelin Generation

One day, I'll try to write another post called The Zeppelin Generation which describes how sometimes it is weird living in the shadow of a generation that grew up during the Vietnam War era. There are some odd intersections with the history, daily life, and the youthful aspiration of a generation that you're decidedly not a part of. Unfortunately, I tried to write something like that just a half an hour earlier combining those thoughts with the rock group Led Zeppelin, but the downside of technology reared its digital head and sent that piece of writing into the great unknown. Unfortunately, despite my attempt to save it, I couldn't, and I don't have time to do a rewrite. Insert your own expletive here. Oh well. I'm off to the big city to spend the next couple of days trying to get my girlfriend something for her birthday. Seen you then.