Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Blah-ging

It seems like the only time that I'm able to find both the time and the energy to make a post here in the cellar is when I'm also leaving to go the Big City. Technically, I've been home for a day and could have made a post yesterday. Frankly, I've not been doing too well personally and have had a few personal set-backs that are beginning to take their emotional toll, but I'm determined not to turn this into "one of those Blogs." Therefore, you'll not be hearing it from me.

Rather, I'll talk about the heat. Once, my sister traveled a few thousand miles to spend time in Florida, the furtherest southern state she, or I, had ever been to. When the temperature dropped down to 65, everyone was putting on their sweaters and jackets, bewildered by the fact that my sister could still feel hot. She says that she spent most of her day assuring people that she, indeed, was not cold and did not need to cover up. I've been thinking about that these last few hot days. Those self-same people may not think it was very warm at all; but by each sunset, I find that I'm practically drenched in sweat.

If I had enough financial resources, and could have payed for a web hosting service, I might have turned some of this site into a photoblog, because there are times when you'd like to say things with an visual image rather than one carved from words. While I do love words, it would be wonderful to share the light of a sinking sun on small blanched grey, northwestern town with someone who could appreciate it as much as I do. Enjoying those small moments in life - each one like a gift - is something I try remember and keep with me.