Thursday, March 20, 2003

Deadlines and Nerd-vana

There! - About an hour ago, I finally turned in my final paper for the Melville seminar I am taking. Ahab loses his head looking for Moby-Dick, and I nearly lose mine trying to finish my paper. Now, I only have my business writing paper towering over me. After that, I'll have to spend hours completing Spanish homework, so I can cram for the final tomorrow morning. All I have to say to that is - Hooray! Now, I never have to stop working! Lookit me! I'm writing my paper - at night! Seriously, college is not easy sometimes. No kidding. It really isn't. Nevermind that bilge water I was spouting yesterday about playing all of the free web video games that I could stand. College is a lot like baseball sometimes - you may train all year just to spend hours in the outfield. But when the ball comes your way, look out! Or else you're gonna get beaned.

It should also be mentioned that when I turned in my paper, the professor, noting my stack of idex cards with my notes on them, made the comment, "Ah note cards. You have a great future as nerd." I told him that I had years of practice. Although I'm sure he meant it as a compliment, I take some measure of solace in the fact that he is a slightly bigger nerd than I am, because he doesn't own a television, and I do. Good ol' television. The great equalizer. Seriously though, I have to envelop my self in a study cocoon now, or else I'll get a scarlett letter "F." See you on the other side.