Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Bibliographic Realization

Today my mission to complete a Bibliography for tomorrow. Of course, now that the pressure of getting this beast of an assignement is upon me, I realized that it would be much better to create a bibliography on everything that I read as I go through the term. Every class I have had has required that I read various articles to help inform the readings that were assigned for the term. Just the morning I thought, "hey, I should have done an entry for those *darn things after reading them." To use a famous cliche, hindsight is 20/20. (* insert stronger word than darn.)

On another note, I have determined that if I am ever lucky enough to teach my own writing class, something I may have a chance to do in September, I will try to have a generous policy towards extensions. My own experience with professors who, on a mission to make life as difficult as possible, make life infinitely more difficult by ignoring the human capacity to suffer with life's challenges leads me to this new determination. Compassion is a virture that must be nurtured and developed. And no one should ever be expected to be perfect. While life circumstances may be unforgiving, people don't have to be.