Monday, March 22, 2004

The Mental Cheese-grater

While not saying too much about it, I will say that I have had one of the more difficult weeks that I have had in awhile. Most of the seeds of trouble that have been slowing maturing these last few weeks are now being harvested in bushels of problems. And the resulting inner turmoil has not been easy to cope with. But, I am coping. The advice, which everyone has heard, but which sometimes needs repeating is this:

It is not the end of the world.

What is in the past is in the past, one should look to the future.

If one persists, results should follow.

And it is never as bad as you think.


That having been said, the past week has been pretty bad personally. I continue to struggle, but the future holds more promise. My girlfriend has suggested that we both spend just a couple of days during our spring break together not even thinking about school. Excellent advice in my opinion. I am really looking forward to being able to decompress and not have to press my mind through the mental cheese grater of seminar papers. Here's to the future.